Saturday, October 30, 2010

Running Behind!

I know, I know! It has now been a month since I've provided an update on the house and I apologize. Fact of the matter is, I've been spending every spare moment at the house with Randy and the kids trying to get it move-in ready. The good news is that we are almost there! The walls are painted, the floors are refinished, we have heat, and the tile person starts on the bathroom and kitchen next week. Most of the broken windows have been repaired, but they still need to be sanded, primed, and painted before they can go back in. Did I mention that 17 windows (some small, some large) needed to be fixed?

Truth is, at this point I'm a little hesitant to post pictures. Now I'm leaning toward waiting a bit longer and posting some dramatic before/after shots.

With any luck we'll begin transitioning to our new home in the next couple of weeks. Today we even had our first furniture POD delivered. Things have been complicated by Randy's work schedule, which has him temporarily starting at 6 am and working until 5 pm, and working weekends (this is also why I insisted we hire a tiler rather than doing the work ourselves). Fortunately, we are still in the hands of our very apt contractor, so progress continues to be made. Stay tuned...

No comments: